Selected Bibliography Of Children's Books About Adoption
- THE FACE IN THE MIRROR, TEENAGERS TALK ABOUT ADOPTION by Marion Crook
- THE UGLY DUCKLING, Hans Christian Anderson (L. B. Cauley). Harcourt, Brace,
Jovanovich, New York, 179 (5 to 8 years)
- THAT'S ONE ORNERY ORPHAN, Patricia Beatty. William Morrow & Company, Inc.,
New York, 1980. (8 years and over)
- A BEAR CALLED PADDINGTON, M. Bond. Mifflin Company, Boston, 1958. (5 to 8 years)
- THE MULBERRY BIRD: STORY OF AN ADOPTION, Anne Braff Brodzinsky. Perspective Press,
Fort Wayne, Indiana,1986 (4 to 7)
- IS THAT YOUR SISTER?, Catherine Bunin and Sherry Bunin. Pantheon Books, New York, 1976. (7 and over)
- ABBY, Jeannette Caines. Harper & Row, New York, 1973. (3 to 8 years)
- OUR BABY: A BIRTH AND ADOPTION STORY, Janice Koch. Perspectives Press, Fort Wayne,
Indiana, 1986. (5 to 8 years) Previously titled Our Adopted Baby
- ANOTHER MOUSE TO FEED, Robert Kraus. Windmill Wanderer Books, New York, 1980.
(4 to 8 years)
- PIPPI LONGSTOCKING, A. Lindgren. Viking Press, New York, 1950. (9 to 13 years)
- WHY WAS I ADOPTED:, Carole Livingston. Lyle Stuart, Inc., New Jersey, 1978.
(9 and over)
- ANNE OF GREEN GABLES, L. M. Montgomery. Bantam Books, New York, 1979
(First published in 1908) (11 and older)
- EDGAR ALLAN, John Neufeld. New American Library, New York, 1968.
- THE ADOPTION EXPERIENCE, Steven Nickman. Julian Messner, New York, 1985.
- SO YOU'RE ADOPTED, F. Powledge. Charles Scribner's Sons, New York, 1982.
- BEING ADOPTED, Maxine B. Rosenberg. Lothrop, Lee & Shepard Books,
New York, 1984. (5 to 12 years)
- LIVING IN TWO WORLDS, Maxine B. Rosenberg. Lothrop, Lee & Shepard Books,
New York, 1986. (6 to 14 years)
- WHY AM I DIFFERENT?, Norma Simon. Albert Whitman & Company, Niles,
Illinois, 1976. (4 to 8 years)
- WE DON'T LOOK LIKE OUR MOM AND DAD, Harriet L. Sobel. Coward-McMann, New York,
1984. (8 to 15 years)
- AND I'M STUCK WITH JOSEPH, Susan Sommer. Herald Press, Scottsdale, Pennsylvania,
1984. (8 to 12 years)
- THE ADOPTED ONE: An Open Family Book for Parents and Children Together
, Sara B. Stein. Walker and Company, New York, 1979. (3 to 8 years)
- FAMILIES, Meredith Tax. Atlantic Monthly Press Book, Boston, 1981.
(4 to 8 years)
- SUSAN AND GORDON ADOPT A BABY by Judy Freudberg and Tony Geiss, 1992.
(2 to 8 years)
- THE DAY WE MET YOU by Phoebe Koehler, 1990. (0 to 5 years)
- A FAMILY FOR JAMIE by Suzanne Bloom, 1991. (2 to 8 years)
- TOGETHER FOREVER: An Adoption Coloring Book, by Sara L.F. Barris and Doryce
Penn Seltzer, 1977. (2 to 8 years)
- THE CHOSEN BABY, by Valentina P. Wasson
- WHERE THE SUN KISSES THE SEA by Susan L. Gabel
- ZACHARY'S NEW HOME A Story For Foster and Adopted Children, by Geraldine M.
Blomquist and Paul Blomquist
- A FOREVER FAMILY by Roslyn Banish with Jennifer Jordan-Wong
- THROUGH MOON AND STARS AND STARS AND NIGHT SKIES by Ann Turner
- BRIAN WAS AOPTED by Doris Sanford
- HORACE by Holly Keller, 1991. (2 to 8 years)
- A MOTHER FOR CHOO by Keiko Kasza, 1992. (2 to 8 years)
- LUCY'S FEET by Stephanie Stein, 1992. (4 to 12 years)
- CHINESE EYES by Marjorie A. Waybill, 1974 (2 to 8 years)
- REAL FOR SURE SISTER by Ann Angel
- AOPTION IS FOR ALWAYS by Linda Walvoord Girardi
- BECKY'S SPECIAL FAMILY by Kathy Sly
- "HOW BABIES AND FAMILIES ARE MADE" by Patricia Schaffer
- "FILLING IN THE BLANKS" by Susan Gabel
- SUPPORTING AN AOPTION by Pat Holmes
- WHO IS DAVID? by Evelyn Nerlove
- ONCE UPON A TIME by Eleanora Patterson
- MAKING BABIES by Sarah Bonnett Stein (Ages 3 and up)
- WE ADOPTED YOU BENJAMIN KOO by Linda Walbord Gerard
- THE BOY WHO WANTED A FAMILY by Shirley Gordon
- HOW IT FEELS TO BE AOPTED by Jill Krementz
- GROWING UP AOPTED by Maxine Rosenberg (Lothrop, 1984)
Prepared by the Law Office of MARC WIDELOCK - 1-800-MR-STORK.
Should you become aware of additional children's books about adoption,
please contact MARC WIDELOCK
If you need additional information regarding these issues, please call
MARC WIDELOCK at 1-800-MR-STORK.
Back to Top
Back to Info